Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Books I'm Currently Reading: January 2014





  • "Soulless" - Gail Carriger
If you remember back in November, I read another of Miss Carriger's books called "Etiquette and Espionage" (read that post here). I absolutely loved the steampunk world she created in that novel, so I decided to give her earlier works a read.  This is the first book in her series named the "Parasol Protectorate" about a young woman named Alexia who apparently has no soul! She's not 'supernatural', but rather, 'preternatural', and she has an awesome sounding parasol that she uses to fight off evil vampires.  Jolly good fun!

  • "Ruby Red" - Kerstin Gier
As if my constant blabbing about Doctor Who wasn't a big enough clue as to my fondness for the idea of time travel, let me tell you about this book about time travel! A teenage girl finds out she carries a special time traveling gene that runs in her family and has huge adventures and discovers secrets.  This is the first in the "Precious Stone" trilogy, and I'm looking forward to devouring every last page!


Until next time!









3 comments:

  1. These look interesting....I'm always on the lookout for something new to read! I arrived here via Dulce's blog if you were wondering! I enjoyed reading your My Chemical Romance post! I agree, it just isn't the same without them! Wish I could have got to see a concert before they split! xxx hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vee! Thanks for stopping by! I tried to reply on your blog but I don't have google+ and it wouldn't let me, so I hope you see this: I'm so glad to meet a fellow MCR fan! I actually did get to see them one, the Black Parade era during the Projekt Revolution tour with a bunch of other bands. I'll never forget it ;) :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...