Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Books I'm currently reading: March 2014



I'm still not certain if mangas count as "books", but this is literally all I read in March, so yeah... (in case you haven't read my last post, life got in the way and I haven't had time for reading, or anything else. But anyways...)

  • X-Men Misfits - Raina Telgemeier and Dave Roman - artwork by Anzu
I'll admit it. It was another case of a cover capturing my attention. Not only that, though, I'm actually a big fan of X-Men, in general.  I used to love the 90's cartoon when I was a kid, (LOVED it), and my brother had some of the comics, so I used to read those too. The concept of an anime take on X-men seemed interesting and I just had to check it out. It was a cute story, I guess. Typical manga "cute girl meets cute boy and shenanigans ensue" kind of plot, but it wasn't all that bad. The main character Kitty Pryde had an interesting super power, and I kind of wanted to see it develop more, but maybe that comes later in the series. I loved the artwork, though. If only the pages within the book were in color...  Overall, if you're even somewhat of an X-Men fan, you'd probably enjoy this story.  I might check out the rest of the series, if I can find it.

Do you have a favorite X-men character?  Mine was always Jubilee, (from the cartoon).  I loved her big pink glasses ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...