Monday, March 30, 2015

IGGPPC: March 2015 Craft Challenge - Birthday Cake!


I had so much fun with the Craft Challenge for February that I decided to try March's Challenge as well! The rules are that you had to make a cake! A birthday cake, that is. The International Geek Girl Pen Pals Club celebrated it's second birthday/anniversary this month, so the challenge was to celebrate with cake.

Just one tiny catch: the cake has to be NON edible, (in other words: not made of food!)



I've been trying my hand at crochet and amigurumi-making, lately, so I thought it'd be fun to try making an amigurumi cake! I scoured Pinterest for the best tutorials and found this one: here, (from lanukas.com). It was super easy to follow and it only took a couple of days.










I'm still a complete noob at this, so it ended up kind of wonky, but I'm still proud of myself, Even if my strawberries look a bit more like raspberries. OH, and I did originally crochet the candle (like in the tutorial), but it just looked too big and out of place, so I substituted a real candle.

**Happy Birthday, IGGPPC!**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...