Monday, February 22, 2016

Month of Power Couples: Karou and Akiva (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)

daughter of smoke and bone



I'm not big on love stories/romance, but if there is one fictional couple I wholeheartedly 'ship' without shame it's Karou and Akiva of Laini Taylor's "Daughter of Smoke and Bone" series.

Who is Karou? Well, she was just a girl with unnaturally turquoise hair and tattoos living a happy life in Prague, attending art school with her best friend by day, working mystical jobs with her secret, 'demonic' adoptive family by night.

Who is Akiva? An Angel-Warrior with wings and eyes of flame, hell bent on destroying all demons.

So how did two creatures from completely different, (and warring) sides come to fall in love? Well, I'm not spoiling it for you. You'll just have to read the book series. It is, without a doubt, my absolute FAVORITE Y.A. fantasy series...

This is a super casual take on what each of these characters would dress like - obviously, I don't know how to make wings of fire, and I didn't include any swords/weapons like they each carry around, and they both have this unnatural aura about them that I'm sure these outfits wouldn't do justice, but hey - it's all in how they make you feel, right?

Karou's style has that cool art-student vibe, and I totally wish I could be her. And Akiva is the tough otherworldly warrior with a rock and roll edge.

As always, click through the photo to see where to purchase each item.


Missed a "Month of Power Couples" Post? Check out:

1. "Ethan Roam and Dr. Grady"
2.Scully and Mulder
3.Team FEMME Free Will




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...